Monday 27 October 2014

Everything you ever wanted to know about the Gameboy but where afraid to ask.

Documentation is everything. Especially when writing something like an emulator.  Here is everything I found and I'll keep adding to it when I find something new.

I've added links to my dropbox as a mirror for some important documentation. If you think I missed something, please let me know!

The people behind these links are geniuses. I would have been lost without them.


Gameboy CPU (LR35902) instruction set
All opcodes, instruction lengths and timings for the hybrid cpu.

Nintendo Gameboy Cribsheet
Information concerning hardware registers, op-codes, memory organisation, DMA timings and lots of other details covering the nintendo gameboy and nintendo gameboy color.
Download: GBCribSheet000129.pdf 

Gameboy CPU Manual
This document was designed to help you programming the gameboy classic, gameboy pocket, super gameboy and gameboy color (basics - you will need additional documents for GBC specific programming). It was ment to be a complete handbook to start right off coding for the hardware. 
Created by the brilliant Shay Green. I don't know who he is or why he wrote them. Found this on some forum mentioned by someone else. If you read this, plz tell me what you want it to say here.
Download: gb-tests.zip

Gameboy Programming Manual
This manual is a combination and reorganization of the information presented in the gameboy development manual, revision G, and the gameboy color user's guide, version 1.3. In addition, it incorporates all information related to gameboy programming, including programming for super gameboy and the gameboy pocket printer. (c) 1999 Nintendo of America Inc
Download: gbprogman.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment